Thursday, December 2, 2010

CHRISTmas Advent Calendar --24 and 23 days till CHRISTmas!!

Last Christmas I felt like the season went by much too fast and it was over before I realized it had started.  This year I don't want that to happen, so I was trying to figure out how I could appreciate the Christmas season.  I found this kind of silly "little kid" advent calendar online, but what I liked about it was each day you read a scripture and then do an activity that goes along with the scripture.  After the activity is completed you add a puzzle piece to the Nativity, ending with Baby Jesus on Christmas Eve.
 I had so much fun every day thinking about the things I was thankful for in November, I thought my December installment would be my adventures with the activities on my advent calendar.  Each day I'll post the calendar with the puzzle pieces and you can all count down with me.  I forgot yesterday was December 1st, since I was up so late doing month end the night before and so was asleep on my living room floor by 6:30 pm, so I had to do two today.  The first one was D&C 1:37: Jesus counseled Latter-day Saints to study His commandments.  Think of one commandment you keep and one blessing that you enjoy.  I chose tithing as the commandment I keep and the blessing I enjoy is being able to pay all my bills and still have money to live somewhat comfortably.  The second one was 3 Nephi 18:6-7:  Jesus asked His followers to always remember Him, especially when partaking of the sacrament.  Write in  your journal how you feel about the Savior.  Since my blog is kind of my online journal, I'll write it here.  I am in awe!  I cannot believe that the Son of God loves me enough that He would "descend from his throne divine, to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine" but He does.  He loves me in all circumstances and I am so grateful.  Jesus Christ's Atonement provided me the way to go home!  He is my advocate with the Father, who also loves me.  It is a blessing to know the Savior and to feel His love for me every day.

No comments: