Sunday, December 19, 2010

6 days till CHRISTmas

Today was my favorite Sunday of the year!!  I got to go to my ward and see the Christmas program and hear a fabulous Young Women's lesson (Thanks Cori!!) and then I headed south for Mom and Dad's ward Christmas program.  It's one of my favorite Sundays to go back because there is always a really great turn out of people I haven't seen in a long time and the Christmas program is a lot the same year to year, so it's comfortable.  I sat in the congregation and mouthed along!  Todays advent was made possible by the fact that it was the Ward Christmas program.  It is Matthew 22:34-40. Jesus Christ taught us to love our neighbors.  Do something nice for a neighbor.  During Sacrament meeting, I found myself wedged between two of my favorite families, that both have small children and 3 out of 4 parents in the choir.  I got to help entertain their children during the program and after it was over one of the moms came and apologized and I told her it wasn't necessary because I LOVE IT!!  It makes me feel important when the parents trust me to sit by their kids and the kids like me enough to let me sit with them.  At one point I had two of the daughters (one from each family) sitting on my lap and it was awesome!!  So thanks to Abby and Holly for giving me the opportunity to do something nice for your families and thanks to my Heavenly Father for letting me find a place to live in such an AMAZING ward!!  I love you guys!!

No comments: