Sunday, December 5, 2010

20 days till CHRISTmas

Let me start by saying I can't believe it's less than three weeks till Christmas.  Better get my Christmas tree up!!  Today's advent was John 13:34-35:  We show that we want to follow Jesus Christ when we love other people.  Show your love by helping someone today.  It's sometimes hard for me to get out of my comfort zone and help others, but I've found that when I do, I am the one being blessed.  Today in Sacrament Meeting one of my favorite families sat next to me.  They have three kids and the middle daughter just loves me!!  She is sometimes a handful, but I just love her!  I know it's hard for her mom, when she's being irreverent, but I like to think I can try to help a little.  During the Sacrament, I was reading in the Book of Mormon, and she grabbed her scriptures to be like me.  She was entertained for all of 2 minutes, but you have to take those minutes whenever you can get them.  I hope Abby knows that her kids are not a burden and I love them all!!  If it's helpful at all for me to sit by them, I'm thrilled to do it.  If not, I'm sorry that I contribute to Sarah's irreverence, but she's just so cute!!  Anyway, this season I hope I can find more ways to show people my love!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can't believe you don't have your tree up yet.