Monday, December 20, 2010

5 days till CHRISTMAS

So there has been a small change in my advent calendar.  The last five activities were either for super young kids or for families to do together and since I live alone and my family is a bit too far away to help out, I decided to find five different things to do.  Todays is: Helaman 14:2-3,5  Write in your journal what your family Christmas traditions are.  My family's traditions have changed as the family gets older and bigger, but there are things that I'd like to be traditions in my home when I have kids of my own, or just for myself.  One of my favorite traditions is reading The Forgotten Carols and listening to the music with each chapter.  Also I have to watch Meet Me in St. Louis, White Christmas, and Miracle on 34th Street. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a visit to Temple Square.  Going to Christmas Sacrament meeting in my parent's ward is also an important part of my Christmas.  The music is a big part of my Christmas.  I hate that the radio stations play Christmas music the day after Halloween, but I don't mind when I decide to play it on my own.  There are so many songs that I just love and listen to on repeat!!  I love making Christmas treats and eating them!

No comments: