Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 and then 9 days till CHRISTmas

Today I need to post 2 advents because last night was girls night and I got home after midnight.  We got together and made Christmas treats.  YUMMY!!  Yesterday's advent was: 3 Nephi 12:16 Jesus asked us to be examples to those around us.  Set an example of service by helping with the dishes or cleaning or other chores at home.  I don't know who I'm being an example to, but at least my house is clean now.  At least for a little while until I mess it up again.  I've discovered I'm really good at that.
Today I had a rather productive day.  I got off work early and had a primp day.  I got a haircut and a pedicure and then headed down town to meet Mom and Dad for the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert, which unfortunately we missed due to some bad planning and worse traffic.  We ended up walking around on Temple Square and seeing some stuff in the Visitor's Centers.  Not a bad evening, though it was too cold and I'm thinking of putting in a request to Mac Wilberg and Mac Christensen to have the Christmas concert in July next year.  I think that will be best for all involved!  Anyway, today's advent is  D&C 19:38-39:  Jesus Christ asks us to pray always.  Carry a prayer in your heart today, thanking Heavenly Father for your blessings.  I think this is a good reminder and it is really helpful to get through a stressful day.

No comments: