Saturday, November 27, 2010

One Fantastic Saturday

Today started out just like any other Saturday.  I woke up tired, dragged myself to work trying to pretend I wanted to be there and then began what was probably the longest day ever!!  It was seriously slow and I was upset that I had to be at work instead of watching the Utah vs. BYU football game.  In the middle of an atypical rush (that only lasted about 20 minutes), I was standing in the pass thru (where all the food comes out of the kitchen) and I heard my name from the drive thru window.  I turned to see who was yelling at me and saw my friends Hayley and JC.  It was awesome, because a few months ago Hayley and JC moved to Idaho and Hayley was just weeks away from having a baby.  I ran outside to see the baby in person (I've seen pictures) and talked to Hayley for a few minutes.  She said she didn't think I'd be there, but she was glad I was, and I was glad I was.  I love seeing people I don't get to see so often.  I got off work at 5 and went out to my car, and was surprised to find out that Utah beat BYU by one point in the last seconds of the game.  I had gone out to my car 2 other times just to get the score and BYU was ahead both times.  What a surprisingly pleasant Saturday!  

No comments: