Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Thankful for...

Today I am thankful for my regulars.  I'm sure that didn't make sense to most people so let me elaborate.  At work, we are encouraged to get to know our guests by name, and it's pretty fun when you do.  Every day there are probably 10 or so guests that come in that I can call by name and we chat and sometimes I know their order before they say it, and sometimes I see them at church or something and it's really fun.  Some of my favorites came in today.  I had to work till 8 and Carma came in and demanded to know why I was still there.  Bonnie is in my ward, and comes in almost every day for a caramel shake.  Sherlyn and Alane come every Monday for hamburger kids meals, one with no pickle.  Kevin comes in with his little boy every so often, and I saw him in the foyer at church.  He must meet in the ward after mine.  Becky and her seeing eye dog come in two or three times a week for a large drink and Hannah makes me laugh because she really likes brown toppers, but she likes when the chocolate is still runny before it hardens so we try really hard to get it from the topper can to her window speedy like!!  Sometimes I feel like I made a bad choice when it comes to career, because I have to work 60 hours a week and it causes serious burnout sometimes, but then Larry the mailman comes in for his double burgers no pickle and since he's from Indiana, we always have something to chat about.  He is sure, even when I'm busy, to take time out to make sure he's told me to have a good afternoon, and sometimes... that is the only reason I can.  I love my regulars and I hope that I can continue to make their experiences worthwhile because I need them to come in every day to brighten my day!

1 comment:

Mike and Lisa said...

I have enjoyed reading your "thankfuls"! This post reminded me of when I worked at McDonalds during high school. We always had a bunch of regulars too, usually old men that came in with their mugs for coffee, but I remember how they would always brighten my day. :)