Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Thankful for...

Today I am thankful for mops.  I got to work this morning and proceeded to put my food order away.  I walked past the walk-in refrigerator and glanced into the window to see how much there was to put away in there.  What I saw was a fairly good sized order sitting in half an inch of liquid ice cream that covered my 12 x 8 walk-in nearly corner to corner.  Upon further investigation I realized it was only 2.5 gallons of ice cream.  It's unbelievable to me that so little ice cream can cover so much space.  After putting garbage bags down outside the walk-in to put stuff on in an attempt not to spread it, I put the order away the best I could and then proceeded to turn two hot soapy mop buckets into nothing but cold vanilla ice cream water.  Thankfully I was ahead this morning because I had done some extra work yesterday and so the 40 minute mop job didn't put me too far behind, but I was ready to throw it all and go home at 9:30.  Here's to another Arctic Circle adventure.  Let's hope tomorrow goes better!

No comments: