Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm Thankful for...

Today I am thankful for my mom!  Tonight we did 3/5 of a girls night out.  Nicole is in Arizona so is absent for all girl's nights out now and Kris had to stay home with her kids cuz Daddy had school.  Mom and Carolee and I got together to make heating/cold packs.  Mom dug out a bunch of flannel scraps and we bought feed corn at IFA and  proceeded to make them.  Now for as long as I can remember, my mom has been an awesome seamstress and I can't sew, cut, or even think a straight line to save my life, but my mom would not sew mine.  She forced me to do it.  She gave instruction, turned the sewing machine down to low, and pushed me into the chair. When we were all done, I was so proud of my heating/cold pack and Mom said, "See, aren't you glad you did it yourself?"  I was actually very glad I did it myself.  It was actually pretty fun!  So thanks for pushing me Mom!  Love you lots!
Mom helping Carolee get started.

My finished product

Me and Carolee being silly!

No comments: