Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful for...

I missed my thankful yesterday and since today is Thanksgiving I think this will be my last "thankful" post.  At least the last one that I head with this title.  Today I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for his son Jesus Christ.  This year my mom and I have been discussing ways to put the Christ back in Christmas, and through all the discussions and things we've talked about, I can see how much we need to remember the amazing love our Savior has for us, that he was willing to condescend and become lowly so that he could be raised above all and then as a "final" act of love, atone for me.  It is completely impossible for me to consider how he could love one such as I in all of my imperfectness and moments of pure idiocy, and yet he does.  He loves me, He paid for me, and He wants me to come back to him.  It fills me with gratitude to think of Him, so today and everyday He is the one thing I am most thankful for.

No comments: