Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8

Last night at 11 my grandpa Piercy passed away.  Today I am grateful for eternal families.  My grandpa was almost 90 years old.  He's been sick for several years.  He's been unhappy about being alive for a really long time, so in reality it's a serious blessing.  When my mom called to tell me today I was in the temple, and so didn't get the message for a while.  I reflected for a few minutes on the fact that I had made myself unavailable to find out such important news, but really, I was in the temple helping someone named Vilie Grace Slingerland receive her opportunity to be with her family forever and I just felt really grateful.  The plan of salvation is real and it is our blessing and opportunity to get everyone involved!  I've thought a lot about my grandpa today and I've tried to feel the emotion of the news.  I'm not sad, I'm not upset, I don't feel like I wished we had had more time.  I mostly felt grateful that Grandpa got his wish.  I felt grateful that he's free from pain and hurt.  Grandpa wouldn't want me to be sad for him.  He's home.  And we're an eternal family so he's waiting for the rest of us.  That just makes me really grateful.

1 comment:

Kayla and Greg said...

This is one beautiful post! Thank you so much for writing it! :) Made my day better reminding me of what's really important!