Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 18

Today I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ.  Today in Sacrament Meeting we had a high council speaker who spoke in depth about Jesus Christ as our advocate with the Father and he quoted 1 Nephi 19:9.  It reads: "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him and he suffereth it.  Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men."  He said he's not grateful that Christ was scourged, smitten, or spit upon, but he was grateful that Christ suffered it because it was because of His suffering that He is able to succor us.  He said, "As Christ ministered on the earth he represented the Father and did his will.  Now that His mission is finished, He was able to ascend to heaven to represent us to the Father.  Jesus Christ is fighting for all of us to get to come home because of His suffering.  He is pleading my case in front of Heavenly Father and now my role is to choose the right and keep the commandments.  How grateful I am that He finished His mission.  How grateful I am that He loves me.  How grateful I am for his long-suffering and loving kindness.  I make too many mistakes over and over and I'm grateful that He continues to fight for me.  I'm grateful that He wants me to come home.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to finish my mission and then to be able to return Home.

No comments: