Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14

Today I am grateful for nature.  This morning I went out with Todd and Nicole and Andrew and Rory and my mom and the dog and we went for a walk around the Jordan River parkway where my mom lives.  There was still snow on the ground, but because the snow came so suddenly there were still leaves on the ground as well.  There were ducks in one pond, but ice in another.  It was like we had entered a place where fall and winter collided and were trying to one up each other.  It was fun to watch the kids running around and throwing snow balls at the ice and chasing the ducks back into the pond after they fed them some bread.  I'm happy that I live in a place that has all of the seasons and I'm grateful for the time to go out and appreciate God's beautiful creations.

No comments: