Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wrapping it Up

Tuesday was our last day on vacation, so we slept late. We checked out of the hotel and were off to the Excalibur and Luxor for some sight seeing. At the Excalibur they had a Krispy Kreme donut shop so we stopped for breakfast. After stuffing ourselves full we went over to the Luxor to fulfill all of Greg's wildest dreams and some of his kodak moments. We took a "ride" on the Search for the Obelisk ride. It's one of those motion rides where you sit in a chair and watch the screen and they take you on a journey through the depths of ancient Egypt and wasn't really worth the $10 it took for us to get in. Oh well. After that we took the Tram back to the Excalibur and walked across the sky walk to New York New York for a ride on the famous roller coaster. We ended up being first in line for the ride and Greg and Kayla ended up in the front seat. It was a minute before they got over their fear and thanked me for making them go on it. It was great!! After the roller coaster we got pretzels at New York Pretzel and I got a picture of the Coyote Ugly Bar. We then went to Caesars Palace to eat lunch at Planet Hollywood, where our power passes got us $40 off our meal. We then walked around admiring all the stuff they have on the walls in the restaurant. I got a picture on my phone of Marlon Brando's suit from Guys and Dolls. No one else really understood why I thought that was cool, but I had just watched the movie. At that point we decided we'd better start heading home. Our only regret was that we didn't make it to Sky Mania, an indoor trampoline arena. We finally got home at 2:30 in the morning and the Vegas Vacation was over. I just wanna send out a thanks to my friends Jessica, Kayla, and Greg for coming and helping me celebrate my "21st" birthday in style!!

No comments: