Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hey baby, Lets go to Vegas

So it's 1:00 in the morning and we are anxiously waiting for the moment when we pack up the car and leave for Vegas. The idea was to leave at 2, but Vance and Cheryl are meeting us in St. George so Hannah can run the marathon and Cheryl wanted to sleep in a little bit, so we're not allowed to get there to meet them until lateish morning. I forget what it's like to get everything together for a trip and I just want to send a tribute out to my mom, who coordinated every trip we took as kids. Now I understand why packing early was so important to her, because here I am begging Kayla to get packed so I can put the stuff in the car. We went on a family vacation every year of my life until 2002 and then almost every year after that. My mom is amazing!! I can't imagine putting together 20+ years of trips. WELL wish me luck at staying awake and we'll add pics to the blog of our trip to Vegas.

2 comments:

Grama G said...

Thank you. I appreciate having you for a daughter, and I appreciate your ability so express your feelings so well. It is a talent I wish I shared. I also appreciate your effort to be such a big part of the whole family, and to keep us all connected. Have a FUN Birthday. I Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Hey there! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday, Dear Julianne!!! Happy Birthday to you!!! Happy 30th Birthday today!!! Let me know what day would be good for you to go see Jerkyll and Hyde for your birthday. Take care of yourself and have a great new week!!! Have a great weekend!!! Have a safe trip back to Utah!!!