Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday in Vegas

Monday was my birthday and we decided to spend it doing as much as we could. We went to IHOP for breakfast where the group attempted to get the waiter to sing to me and he said he didn't sing. I thanked him, and he asked how I was enjoying my 21st birthday in Vegas. I thanked him again. What a good guy. We left a big tip. We went then to Planet Hollywood to pick up our Power Passes. Now for anyone looking to visit Las Vegas I highly recommend going to expedia.com and purchasing a power pass. It is a card that you pay for once and then it gets you into some of the attractions around Vegas. Now for those of you who are still a little leery, let me just say that it takes about 5 attractions to make it worth the money and you'll love every one of them. After we picked up our power passes, we sat down and mapped out the plan for the day. We decided to start at Circus Circus at the amusement park and off we went. Aside from the fact that certain rides make me sick, literally, it was pretty fun. We went on the roller coaster about 3 times, the bumper cars, and several other rides. After a quick hotel break, we went on to Seigfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage. This was one of my favorite things that we did. You start in the dolphin habitat and they had a brand new dolphin that was only one month old. At random times throughout the day trainers come out to play with and feed the dolphins. Jessica didn't seem to enjoy it like Kayla and I did.
After getting our fill of the dolphins, (well actually I could have stayed a lot longer) we went into The Secret Garden. This is where the white lions and tigers and some other animals are kept.

The white tigers were about 5 months old and two of them were wrestling the whole time I was watching. When you very first enter they have this statue of a lion and we thought it would be funny to act like it was biting me while Jessica looked on in scared amusement.

Next it was on to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in The Venetian and I am going to blog that separately so you can read about it later.

No comments: