Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Arriving In Vegas

After the excitement of discovering 3 states in an hour, we continued on down I-15 until we reached a point in the road where you can see Vegas off in the distance. Kayla and Greg had the best reaction.
We continued on down the road and Kayla and Jessica tried to take pictures but it was pretty smoggy over the strip so we didn't get any good ones. We hit Vegas traffic coming into town. They are doing construction on I-15 and I'm pretty sure they will never be done. It seems like they were doing the same construction when I was there 6 years ago. I decided to drive to the South end of Las Vegas Blvd. and then get off the freeway so they could see it all. We got off by New York New York and it was so fun to see the reactions of people who had never seen it before. One of the first things we saw was a billboard with a half naked woman. Greg was sure to point this out to us and I warned him that it wouldn't be the last one he saw, but he should keep his eyes elsewhere. We continued north on Las Vegas Blvd. amidst the awe of my friends until we reached our destination: The Stratosphere.
We checked in and found our room on the fifteenth floor and then decided that since it was Sunday we should go see the temple.
We spent about a half hour on the temple grounds taking pictures and enjoying each others company.


No comments: