Sunday, September 19, 2010

Early Sunday Morning

So I don't know much about the inner alarm clock or whatever, but everyday I have to be to work by eight, and I'm usually stumbling out of bed at 7:40, racing to the bathroom, putting in contacts and praying while I pee (yeah seriously), pulling my hair into a ponytail, dressing quickly (usually forgetting something important like deodorant), and running out the door with 20 seconds to spare. Yup, I can be ready for work in 7 minutes...and I look like, well never mind. The last two Sundays? Awake at 6 or shortly thereafter. And not like, oh it's 6 something, roll over and go back to sleep. No, like oh it's 6. I'm done sleeping. And so I get up and curl my hair and apply makeup and think about how much better I'd look for work if I got up and put my face on. So here we are, 8:04 am and I've been reading blogs for the past 45 minutes and all I have to do is put a dress on. Now please explain to me why I can't be done sleeping at 6 on Monday morning and have a nice leisurely morning before I have to go open my store? It's the mystery of the week. I've tried all the tricks. I put my alarm clock across the room so I have to get up to turn it off, no go... I push snooze and take it back to bed. I've tried going to bed earlier, later, whatever. For some reason, I can only wake up at a decent time on Sunday morning. Maybe it's because subconsciously I know it's my only day off, so I want to be awake for it. But then again, last Sunday I woke up at 6:18 and by 5:30 I was napping on the couch and then wasn't tired at bedtime. It's a pretty conundrum. Maybe someday I'll figure it out. In the meantime, morning is quite a nice time of day. Maybe I'll try to see it tomorrow before the mad dash to work!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

*Sigh*. I used to be a morning person. At the moment, it's all I can do to stumble out of bed. I have to admit that I'm very jealous of your Sunday nap. Even if that messed up your bedtime, there are few things more lovely than a Sunday snooze. Haven't had one of those for way too long!