Monday, October 25, 2010

Ew Sick!

I am 32 years old and for all the time I can remember have escaped having the flu. I rarely get stomachaches, in fact don't really know how to handle them. I had big plans for the weekend that involved a lot of family fun in Logan and getting the flu was not in the plan. Nevertheless, I woke up Saturday morning with a strange feeling in my gut. I thought I was hungry so I made some oatmeal and left for work. I ate my oatmeal and opened the store, then was feeling ultra tired (attributed that to going to bed at 1 in the morning) and had some serious heartburn. I had to go to another store to pick up some product, so I ran by home and grabbed some Tums. I took four Tums and continued working. When it was time to go on break I didn't really feel good, but knew that I should try eating something. I got a hamburger and a small fry. As the day went on the heartburn faded but my stomach got more and more sore. At 2:30 I called my boss for permission to leave early. He agreed and I went home. I took a bath and laid down for awhile, and then my friend Tierny came over so we could drive to Logan for the Pumpkin Walk. I got dressed and ready to go and really felt like I was going to toss my cookies. I knelt down by the toilet and nothing happened. I decided to just get in the car and go. I made it all the way past Ogden about 10 miles outside of Brigham City and then knew I was going to lose it. I started to pull off the freeway at an exit and tried really hard to race down the ramp so I could at least get out before I threw up. No such luck. Halfway down the ramp I lost control of my stomach. Have you ever tried driving while puking??? NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!! Now my car smells like some nasty combination of throw up and Febreeze. Needless to say, after a clothes change at the Brigham City Wal-mart and a shower at my brother's house in Logan, the Pumpkin Walk was not as fun as other years. I'll post pictures from that tomorrowish. Sunday I laid in bed all day and today I've been really careful about what I put in my mouth. Hope I'm better tomorrow, because someone needs to detail the car!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Yuck, I'm so sorry hunny! I HATE throwing up so much. I hope you feel better soon!

Abby said...

I am so sorry. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Cowmania said...

glad your feeling better sis you definately looked sick that night I felt for you.