Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Tonight for the last girl's night with Nicole, we decided to go to Jordan Commons to see a movie. I think I've decided I'm giving up PG13 movies, so we decided to see Eat Pray Love, and I decided it will be the last PG13 movie that I see. I'm glad I slipped this one in. It was so profound and thought provoking. It's a true story about a woman who decides that her life is not what she wants it to be and so she goes on this year long journey to find herself and figure out what she really wants. I highly recommend it to anyone who has ever felt that their life is somewhat different than they had always planned or anyone who loves a good movie!! When we got out of the movie we were talking about it's effect on each of us and I said that I didn't really see myself in her character. On the drive home, I changed my mind. I don't think I need a year long journey to places far distant to find myself like she did, but I do feel like I need to gain some control in my life like she did. I came home to my messy kitchen, messy bathroom, and laundry all over the hallway wondering when I was going to find time to clean. I spent Sunday at my parents house, Monday night I went to a play, tonight a movie, tomorrow Young Women's, Thursday I work late. It's a miracle my house even gets dirty since I feel like I'm hardly here anyway, but nevertheless... it is! I think that my journey is going to begin by not letting people and things dictate what I do or who I am. It's time for me to take control of my destiny and my dirty house. It's time for me to find that balance that the movie talks so much about. Her balance is about learning to love someone while still loving herself and my balance is to find myself in my schedule! I need to work. I need to be able to live and eat and sleep somewhere, but my job isn't who I am. It doesn't need to be my whole life. I need to find myself in spite of the circumstances that have become my life. I used to be so excited about my new eating plan... now I don't even remember to eat. I need to do things that scare me and get past my fears. I need to find myself and get back on track with the things that used to be important to me. Time to Eat right, Pray more, and learn to Love myself so I can be open to loving someone else. Here's to change... wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! All I can say about this post is Wow! I really enjoyed reading this post. I really want to go see the movie Eat Pray Love and read the book. I also want to find myself. Going on a journey like she did sounds great to me. I probably wouldn't go on a year long journey but some sort of journey sounds so good right now. Thank you for writing this post. It helped open my eyes and I like learning more about you. We need to get together sometime. I'm not sure about this week but maybe sometime next week. Take care and have a great new week!!!

Nicole said...

Good luck, hun! I am always impressed by your introspection. You are very inspiring to all us other crazy ladies running around trying to find ourselves. Can't wait to hear how your life changes go!