Monday, June 28, 2010

Interruption

Okay so I am interrupting my regularly scheduled scripture study time for this blog post, but I found something I needed to share. I'm actually working on Personal Progress. Probably the best part of my calling as the Laurel Advisor is that I get to work on Personal Progress with my girls and what an amazing blessing it is in my life! I've been working on Divine Nature experiences and one of them has you read 2 conference talks on womanhood. I found one by Sister Margaret D. Nadauld, a past General Young Women President. The talk was given in the October 2000 conference. She says, " Woman of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."
She then closes her message with this, "Sisters, regardless of your age, please understand all that you are and must be, all that you were prepared to be in royal courts on high by God Himself."
Doesn't it just make you so grateful to be a woman!! To all the women in my life who are tender, kind, refined, faithful, good, virtuous, and pure, thank you for being who you are and for recognizing the glory of God that is innate in you. For the rest of us... let's be grateful there is still hope in the Savior and try a little harder to be Women of God.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Personal Progress is certainly one of the most amazing programs ever. I'm sure its even better now than when I was in YW, but even so I remember what a great experience it was to work toward my Young Womanhood award. Lucky you to get those continued experiences!