Sunday, February 22, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Okay so based on many people that I've spoken with and the blogs I've read, I'm way behind, but last night I went with my family to the Draper Temple Open House. It was very crowded and took a very long time, but the beauty of the temple more than made up for the inconvenience of the wait. My parents live in the newly formed Draper Temple district, but being how this is a small temple and requires an appointment, it will not be so easy to just go and enjoy it. I told my mom that she needed to tell me when their ward temple nights are because I'd really love to spend more time enjoying the Celestial Room and the other so beautiful parts of this temple. It was really enjoyable to see my nieces Malerie and Kaity get excited about turning twelve so they could go in and do baptisms for the dead and Hailey, who is three, was super excited to go to Jesus' house. She kept saying that she wanted to go to the temple to hug Jesus, but she was equally excited to see pictures of Him throughout the temple. A great experience, so if you've missed the opportunity the open house goes for 3 more weeks. Get tickets and go, you won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It is a gorgeous temple. We even took the kids (on a SATURDAY, duh!!) and it took us about 4 hours so the kids were pretty rough by the end, but it was so neat. I'm glad you got to go.