Wednesday, February 11, 2009

High School Musicals

For those of you that have had too much of the Disney Channel movies that have a similar title to this blog, do not be alarmed. This has nothing to do with Troy and Gabriella.
Last night I went with my roomie Jesika and my friend Tierny to see Beauty and the Beast at Woodscross High. Now when I was in high school, I'm pretty sure no one had even considered putting Beauty and the Beast in musical version. Nowadays after a pretty good run on Broadway it's a very popular musical with some of the same songs from the movie and some new ones. Also when I was in high school I don't remember such talent coming out of our high school musicals. These days with the invention of the wireless microphone and apparently a lot more talent happening in the younger generation, high school musicals have taken on a whole new level of expertise. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of musical available for $8. It was definitely the high light of my week so far. Hopefully the rest of the week lives up to the excitement of last night. Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday Tierny...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That sounds pretty impressive! When I was a senior at Lehi, we put on the musical Cinderella and I thought that was pretty good. But none of us walked away with Tonys, for some reason. Sad, snubbed by the academy. I totally agree, though. It continues to amaze me the level of talent being found in younger and younger kids. Maybe we're just all more aware of what constitutes talent, so it's developed early (when it's most likely to blossom!). There are getting to be better schools and venues for creative learning and talent development too. We didn't have nearly as much of that as I would have liked growing up!