Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome to Fall!

As a tribute to fall I decided to get some fun decorations. I found this wreath at Walmart for only $8. We hung it outside our apartment to bring cheer to our neighbors.

Inside, I bought some fun stuff to make a new centerpiece. When Mom bought my kitchen table for me, we went to Ikea to find something for a cute centerpiece. We ended up getting candles in five different sizes that matched my kitchen, then some potpourri and a silver plate to put it on. For Christmas I used the silver plate and then found some red and white striped candy cane candles and some small balls that I put on fake snow instead of potpourri. For my fall festivities I bought a leaf plate and put pumpkins, candles, and glass leaves on it. This is the result: This isn't a very good picture because I used flash, but you can see the detail on the plate better. One of my friends asked if I was decorating for Halloween and I told him I didn't like Halloween. Instead I decided I'd decorate a bit for the whole season and then I won't have to change it until Christmas!! Happy October!

2 comments:

Bre said...

Cute decorations! Happy October!

Nicole said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Those are so cute. Very festive.