Friday, January 23, 2009

Thoughts in the Temple

Wednesday night I went to do a session at the Bountiful Temple. I ended up in an own endowment session and after it was over I was sitting in the Celestial room watching the group of people who had come with the girl receiving her endowment. I looked around and saw couples arm in arm walking around and people from a ward who had come together for ward temple night. I usually don't mind going to the temple alone, in fact I used to prefer it, but sitting in the Celestial room that night I felt very alone. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me, and then it occurred to me. The Celestial Kingdom is not somewhere we go alone. In Heavenly Father's plan, He made it so we could end up in the Celestial Kingdom with Him and our families. I think for the first time in my life I realized that I'm not complete by myself. I'm not sure where to go from here, but I am glad that I was given a moment to reflect on the fact that Heavenly Father made it so that we would need each other to get back to him. Time to find a temple buddy.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You sweet lady, thanks for your comment on our blog. I think it's cool that you go and do sessions in the temple whenever you can, and I think the Lord is grateful for your service! I don't get to go nearly as often as I'd like lately, so think of yourself as being an emissary for me too. Well, good luck on your search for a temple buddy. Surely God has someone special in mind for you.