Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Countdown

I decided this year that instead of letting December get away from me like normal I would do something every day that reminded me of the season.  Whether it was reading a Christmas story or watching a movie, listening to Christmas music or going to see the lights I would make this December memorable.  I started by making a calendar and planning out the whole month.  So far it's been really good.  On the first, I was in Idaho so I took Santa Maybe with me and read it in my hotel room.  The second, since it was Sunday I looked up all the scriptures under the heading Jesus Christ, Birth of in the Topical guide and read them all. I also listened to the Forgotten Carols and read the story.  On the third, Mom and Dad came up to my house and helped me put up my Christmas tree and decorate.  The fourth, Mom and I decided to make wreaths and listen to Christmas music.  Then when I got home I put up the Christmas village and watched White Christmas.  The fifth, we made a few Christmas treats.  Tonight, I'm watching the Forgotten Carols DVD and eating Christmas treats.  It's been fun so far and I'm excited to continue.

No comments: