Sunday, October 9, 2011

"My heart is full; mine eyes are wet"

Last night I received a surprising phone call.  I was told by the second counselor in the bishopric that I was being released from my calling as second counselor in the Young Women's presidency.  I knew that it was looming.  Our President has been in nearly four years and we all knew her days were numbered, and as things work in the church, that meant our release as well, but I still was surprised.  When I hung up the phone, feeling a little cheated, because I didn't get a say; I also felt a strange sense of accomplishment.  We were allowed to finish the Temple Walk and really that was my only assignment as second counselor.  I was only in that calling a couple of months even though I've been in Young Women's for more than 2 years.  It's a little bit bitter, knowing that these Young Women that I have loved for so long will continue their journey without me.  I know they are in good hands.  The new president is the former secretary and I just love her, and know she will do a fantastic job and carry on everything that was good about the old presidency.  So today, I took my place in the back row with the other leaders for the last time.  I'm still in the ward.  I'll still have association with these amazing women, but it's a little bit difficult to walk away from the best calling in the church.  The Bishop promised me that I wouldn't be bored for long, and now I'm anxious to see what the Lord has in mind for me next.  So here I leave my last memory of my best calling:





3 comments:

Erica Wyatt said...

I don't know whether to say congrats or I am sorry. I dread but look forward to the day of my release. I have been president for almost two years and in YW for a little over 4. I know Heavenly Father knows what those girls need as well as us. Good luck in whatever is next!!!

Hay and J said...

You where such a good leader!! Who brings muffins and milk for there girls before camp! What ever calling you get you will be great at!

Nicole said...

Wow! I'm sure you've touched those girls' lives deeply in the time you've been there. I'll be excited to hear where you get to serve next. Maybe you can be a Primary chorister too so you can inspire me! :)