Sunday, April 3, 2011

Toddler Crafts

My friend Nicole has been posting a lot lately about spring toddler crafts that she has been doing with her kids.  Well I lack the whole kids thing, but yesterday I did something so totally 4 year old that I wanted to post about it.  I decided this year that some of my vacation time would go toward visiting my cousins Lynae and Hannah, along with Lynae's husband Tyler and baby Camden at their home in Alabama.  I bought my plane ticket with my tax return and I am seriously looking forward to 6 days in a place I've never been.  Yesterday while watching conference I decided to make a paper chain to count down the days.  I counted it up on the calendar and 54 chains later this hangs on my living room wall.  Happy Counting!!!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

It is funny that you finally did it. You have been talking about doing that for awhile for many things.

Bre said...

I love paper chains! They make to time so tangible.

Nicole said...

How fun!! Love the idea. We should do a countdown to Easter chain. I'll be posting next week about the Resurrection Eggs--you ever do that one? Plastic eggs filled with symbols of Jesus' Atonement and Resurrection. I think the kids are going to love it.

Lynae said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I can't wait! It is going to be too much fun! (Although, I hope this little southern town doesn't let you down) :)

Hay and J said...

Your so fun! oo Alabama my mom loves the deep fried pickles there!

Abby said...

I am so exited for you! You deserve a trip more than anyone I know!