Monday, May 24, 2010

Where is my Camera??

Have you ever had one of those picture perfect moments and of course no camera? Today I was at work, preparing for my audit. The audit is where my boss comes in and checks cleanliness and service times and pretty much does a floor to ceiling check on operations and what is happening in the restaurant. It's like a four hour process that causes a lot of nail biting for me and a lot of nitpicking for him. In light of that, I was trying to get the floor in my walk-in refrigerator clean. The walk-in itself is about 12 feet long and around 8 feet across. It has a U shaped shelf covering three of the four walls with the door in the fourth one. The shelf can move slightly, (if your strong enough to move something covered in product) toward the door but that's about it. The shelf itself is 3-4 feet wide and is HEAVY!! I was trying to clean the part of the floor against the walls. The shelf is only about 6 inches off the ground so it's really hard to get a deck brush (a scrub brush on a handle) in there. I conceded that the only way I would be able to do it was to lie down on the floor, on my stomach, and stretch as far as my arms would go with a scrubby pad and some heavy duty degreaser. This is the part where the camera would have been fun. There I am sprawled on the floor, reaching my arms as far as they can go; trying with all my might to get the stupid cheese out of the corners of the walk-in!! Actually as I think about this, maybe I'm glad I didn't have the camera... I mean, do I really want a picture of me spread eagle on the floor going around the internet? I'm sure all of your imaginations are already picturing this ridiculous scene. Ah well, that floor looks mighty good if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I would have liked to see that! :)