Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How it's going

Last night was girls night out. In the course of the evening, Nicole (my sister in law) told me I should blog more about the eating plan I'm doing. Last week was horrid! I work at a fast food restaurant that has been getting busier day by day. Every day for hours on end I serve up deliciously golden hot fresh fries, and by the time it's lunch time for me, the last thing I want is another salad! So I go full on fatty! I justify myself by getting the double cheese burger without the white sauce (buttermilk mayonnaise). No white sauce makes it healthy right? No!!!
Today I recommitted! I feel awful! Today I ate a whole grain breakfast, a large salad with fat free dressing for lunch, and a grilled chicken breast with potatoes and peas and carrots for dinner. I'll follow it up with some whole grain cereal and toast for my midnight snack and call it good! It's amazing how great I feel when I eat right! You'd think that would convince me that I should just do it! Definitely the way to go!! Eating healthy (minus the white sauce) is much better than eating cheeseburgers and those deliciously golden hot fresh fries!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh baby. I know the draw of those cursed golden fries. On the rare occasions I take the kids out for a burger and fries, I only get the smallest size and always tell myself that they will get to eat ALL the fries, but I can never resist some myself.