Thursday, August 27, 2009

Melancholy Blues

So I know I promised to blog about camp and as soon as I get all those pictures downloaded and some real time to blog I will definitely do it. Then there's Katie's baby shower, umpteen birthdays, temple dedications, etc etc etc. You know how life keeps going even when you don't find time to blog? Sad!!
Tonight I was just sitting here catching up on reading blogs, listening to super depressing music and feeling sorry for myself. It's nothing but crazy girlie hormones, but today I just feel like crying! I sit here reading other people's (who are my age) blogs about kids and husbands and all that and I just feel more sorry. I find it a bit peculiar that I'm 30 plus and of all the dreams I had as a teen, only a few have been realized. I wonder about life as a whole and a part of me just wants to throw my hands in the air, look toward heaven and beg Heavenly Father to give me a glimpse of what he sees for me. Clearly that isn't how it works or certainly a merciful Father would have done it already, but sometimes the discouraged me wonders what good dreams are if not for the part about them coming true. It's hard to stand back and wait for all of Heavenly Fathers plans to come about in my life. I don't mean to whine. I have so many wonderful blessings and I look at so many of my friends who are also 30 plus and single and just think how important it is that we stick together and hang in there, because we've been promised some pretty great things if we just keep the commandments no matter what! So I'm just going to sit here and listen to Come What May from Moulin Rouge and wish someone was loving me and smile because at the end of the day, it's going to be okay.

3 comments:

Chantalita said...

Hey girl, I completely understand your feelings. As always, I love the open hearted way in which you live your life. I hope you find someone who makes your heart sing.

Nicole said...

Awww, I'm sorry you're feeling down! We've never even met in person but I can tell you have a strong heart and a very caring spirit. I know Heavenly Father will continue to bless you. I'll remember you in my prayers too!

Nicole said...

Hey, I just saw your comment on our blog. We're just moving across the valley, not out of state or anything. South Jordan. We bought a house out there! Next Friday is the big day. Ugh, can't wait until it's over.