Monday, January 13, 2014

The New Normal

I've started four or five drafts in the last few months but they don't say what I want to say so I end up deleting them.  It's been nearly 5 months since the wedding and nearly 5 months since I updated the blog.  On the one hand life goes on as normal, on the other hand nothing is normal!!!!  Allen and I have had a great time getting settled.  We've learned each others patterns and we've learned what makes the other crazy and what makes the other happy, and I'm excited to continue getting to know my husband.  One thing I've learned is that my husband is successful at anything he wants to be successful at.  Right after the honeymoon, he started a job with Marketsource, selling cell phones at Target.  He works at the Riverdale store and he's wildly successful!! He's made a good amount of money and he goes to work daily loving what he does and the people he gets to work with.  It's rough because I go to work at 8 am and get off at 6 pm and he goes to work between 10 and 12 and gets off at 8.  He rides the bus, since it's pretty far from our house to Riverdale, which means he gets home about 9:45 every night.  It doesn't give us a huge lot of time together, but we are lucky to both have Sundays off.
It's amazing to me to look back over the last year and see all the changes that we have made.  We were barely starting dating last year at this time and now we're married and settling into our life together.  It's a big adjustment for my brain.  I look at my still single friends and just think to myself how quickly things can change.  A short 15 months ago I had reconciled with my single life and 12 months ago it abruptly changed! It's still rather surreal to me.  I look at my hand and see my ring and wonder when I'm going to wake up from the best dream I've ever had.  Then I am reminded that this is my life and I welcome the new normal.

No comments: