Sunday, May 22, 2011

Catching Up

It's been a really long time since I posted anything, so I thought I'd do a quick catch up post.  A few weeks ago I was asked to sing a solo in Sacrament Meeting and that happened today.  I chose the song Once there was One, which is one I've sung a few times before so it's familiar and very beautiful.  It turned out really good and thanks to the Spirit I got through it and added a lot to the spirit of the meeting.  After it was over, I got a lot of compliments and a lot of people told me that they didn't know I could sing like that.  I don't try to hide my talents, but singing solo is not something I'm absolutely comfortable with, except in the shower.  I was happy to share my talent and would do it again if asked, but it's not something I beg for.  In other news, Alabama is 5 days away!!  I am so excited!  It will be so nice to get away for a few days and especially to a place I've not been.  Yesterday I was at Mom and Dad's and 7 year old Colin asked me to bring him something from Alabama.  I asked him what kind of something and he promptly replied, "I don't know, something random... something boy style."  I laughed.  Mom suggested a rock.  He'd love it!!  Anyway I'm excited.  I guess that's all for now!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is awesome! Good for you. I haven't sung a solo in church since I was in high school, and I'm not sure I'd be able to do it now. Hey, I hope you have a wonderful and safe time on your trip. HUGS!!